Pioneering World-class Cancer Care
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is one of the world’s most respected comprehensive centers devoted exclusively to cancer. For more than 135 years, our people have been united by a singular purpose: to find a cure for cancer. Our specialists keep patients at the center of everything we do—from caring for the people we treat and their families, to advancing groundbreaking research, and educating the next generation of cancer experts who pursue our mission at MSK and around the globe.
MSK has been ranked as one of the top two specialized hospitals for oncology worldwide by Newsweek. It is also one of the top two cancer hospitals in the United States by U.S. News & World Report, the most recognized ranking of healthcare facilities in America, for more than 30 years. Our 1,400 physicians collaborate in highly specialized teams that focus on over 400 common and rare cancers. As a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, MSK provides some of the best health outcomes in the world — with personalized therapies designed to maintain your quality of life during and after treatment.
Cancer care is what we know best and the only thing that we do:
- Our cancer specialists have one focus: providing compassionate cancer care to help each patient achieve their best possible outcome
- Our multidisciplinary Disease Management Teams consist of medical oncologists, surgeons, radiologists, radiation oncologists, oncology nurses, and nurse practitioners, all working together to create personalized treatment plans for each person we care for
- We care for the whole person — our integrative medicine experts can incorporate complementary treatments (including acupuncture, massage, meditation, and yoga) into overall care plans
Bold Innovations that allow for more precision in identifying cancers:
We believe that immunotherapy is one of the most promising ways to treat, cure, and ultimately prevent cancer
- Immunotherapy studies began at MSK more than a century ago
- Our physician-scientists have been at the forefront in implementing groundbreaking immune therapies, including (CAR) T cell therapy and the development of drugs known as checkpoint inhibitors
- For some cancers, this can be a highly effective alternative to chemotherapy
MSK scientists created MSK-IMPACT®, (for Integrated Mutation Profiling of Actionable Cancer Targets) a targeted tumor sequencing test designed to detect gene mutations and other critical genetic aberrations in both rare and common cancers.
- MSK patients around the world can send their tissue samples to MSK This test, available exclusively to MSK patients, can provide results that help rule out treatments options that may be ineffective and potentially lead to new therapies targeting genetic mutations
Advancing transformative cancer care through education and research worldwide:
- Our mission is to lead in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and cure of cancer through programs of excellence in research, education, outreach, and cost-effective patient care. We know more about cancer than ever before — and the outlook has never been better